Sunday 9 September 2018

Big news for London MCM and possible future UK conventions.

The London MCM (...26-28/10/2018...) will be getting it's first proper exclusive toy from a major manufacture. This will be a UK and European exclusive but it's a start.
This is big news for UK convention as this is something we have been asking for, for a very long time. Also it is about time that UK and European conventions are treated just as important as SDCC or NYCC for example.
And sorry I don't count the Mighty Mugg and Funko Pop from last year. Just putting a small sticker in the corner does not really count. even though I did pick up the Darth Vader exclusive Mugg. 

So what are we getting? and from whom?

Hasbro is giving us a Star Wars Black Series Hoth Han Solo and Princess Leia twin pack in diorama packaging. That packaging looks like Echo Base from the beginning of Empire Strikes Back.





Here's the link to the London MCM web page with the details. 

I first saw this on Facebook and then headed straight to the MCM site. I may have stopped getting Star Wars figures from Hasbro but I will try my best to pick this up. 
I do come down on the Blue Coat Han side as that's what the toy was. I do know that the coat was originally brown but looks blue on film.


pictures from Star Wars .com Facebook  Page

These figures look good and if they sell well hopefully we will get an exclusive very year and different figures from other franchises. like the 2016 SDCC Transformers Titan Returns Fortress Maximus. Fingers crossed this leads to other companies releasing exclusive. We can only hope. 
This years Winter MCM is looking better than I thought, 

No comments:

Post a Comment